Video Copyright Yoga Wellness Company
Alexander Filmer-Lorch trained as a professional dancer with the John Cranko Ballet Academy in Stuttgart, Germany. His extensive studies of Eastern psychology and philosophy, yogic disciplines and meditation took place in the traditional one-to-one practice of teacher and student.
He opened his clinic Insight Therapy in 2002 where he treats and facilitates people as a Cranio-Sacral practitioner, as well as teaching ‘Inner Work’ and meditation. Alexander has created a style of remedial yoga more suited to the western body, based on the latest research into the interconnectedness of fascia.
Alexander founded Inside Meditation, a modern school of neutral thought in London, offering a range of CPD programmes. In addition he delivers CPD training for the Upledger Institute, UK and Europe. He mentors a variety of practitioners who work with the psychological and/or physiological body; designing and delivering accredited meditation-therapy courses and teacher trainings.
In September 2016 Alexander was invited to teach, The Inner Power of Stillness and Presence in a Therapeutic Relationship to clinicians and managers at the South West London and St George’s Mental Health Trust. The intention is to increase both personal resilience as well as the therapeutic effectiveness of staff in different areas of the public health sector.
In February 2017 the London Leadership Academy invited Alexander to present and teach The Compassionate Leader and The Inner Power of Stillness at the 2017 Leadership Summit in London, with the aim to increase both self-containment and self-preservation capacity skills for leaders, as well as establishing a compassion-centred approach for leadership in the public health sector in times of change.
Alexander’s work as a practitioner, mentor, author, presenter, philosophical thinker, and teacher is a synthesis of 35 years of experience in movement, yogic disciplines, meditation, applied philosophy and Eastern psychology, aiming to bring the body, mind and spirit to a natural state of meditative synthesis.
His first book, Inside Meditation was published in 2012, and his second book The Inner Power of Stillness, Handspring Publishing, arrived in August 2016.
- Spanda yoga
- Kashmir Shaivism yoga
- Eastern psychology and philosophy
- Sahaj yoga
- Jnana yoga
- Power yoga flow
- Fourth Way teaching
- Yoga of Vanda Scaravelli
- BA in Dance (Classical / Neo-Classical / Contemporary) - state-approved dancer and dance teacher
- Senior Meditation, Philosophy & Yoga Teacher, grandfathered in and certified by the Yoga Alliance Professionals and Yoga Alliance USA
- Primary E-RYT500, E500 and T500 certification from the Yoga Alliance USA and European Yoga Alliance
- Gyrotonic® teacher certification
- Pilates mat and equipment teacher/trainer
- Senior yoga teacher trainer
- Certified to teach Anatomy in Clay
- Advanced practitioner in CranioSacral Therapy and SomatoEmotional Release®, specialising in both post-traumatic stress disorders and immune system response, brain dysfunctions, stroke, dementia, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, Therapeutic Dialog and Imagery
- Inner Work Therapist
- Meditation Therapist